Who makes good hamster cages? What’s the best hamster cage brand? Today’s blog is al about the best brands to choose from.
Who makes Good Hamster Cages?
When looking for hamster cages you want one that has enough room and one that is interesting and entertaining for your hamster. This is because they will be in their cages most of the time so having levels and tunnels make the cage more interesting for them. It is better to purchase hamster cages that have metal bars instead of clear plastic sides because hamsters enjoy climbing on the bars and biting the metal keeps their teeth a healthy length.
The top manufacturers for cages are; Ferplast, Kaytee, Habitrail, Zoozone, and Savic.
- £40.00 (good price for a big cage)
- Bars for climbing
- Little house to hide
- Suitable for Syrian hamsters
- Feeding bowl, water bowl, exercise wheel, and nest box.
- 2 stories
- Includes a petting zone, exercise wheel, food dish, and water bottle
- Features a look-out tower, exterior extreme wheel, and front access door
- CritterTrail Habitats are completely compatible with all CritterTrail accessories
- For dwarf hamsters, hamsters, gerbils, mice, or other small animals
- Only £29.33
- 4/5* review
- 34.99 which is a reasonable price
- The habitat includes everything you need to create 3 different challenging environments for your pet.
- Create a tower, arch, or tunnel design.
- The narrow wire and spring-loaded door locks ensure that your pet will remain safe and secure inside while your pet explores each of your different cage designs.
- Habitat includes wheel, water bottle, and food dish. Ideal for Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice, or other small animals. Colours vary.
- Your pet can climb into the lookout tower via the bubble wave tubes, designed for easy climbing.
- The runabout ball is removable so that your pet can enjoy some exercise outside of his habitat.
- The habitat also comes with a food dish, water bottle, and exercise wheel.
- £30.28 which is a reasonable price
- The Habitrail Twist is a complete hamster habitat with a unique cage design for something a little different from the stereotypical square cages.
- On the top, it has an oversized door that provides an aerial view of your pet and habitat and a door that opens fully for easy access to your pet and feeding area.
- The plastic base is deep and therefore prevents mess over the sides.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The spherical wireframe provides 360 degree air circulation for optimum ventilation.
- There is an elevated feeding area that encourages your hamster to search for his food
- £34.99 which is a reasonable price
- The Habitrail OVO Dwarf Hamster Habitat is the ideal home and play environment specifically designed for the needs of dwarf hamsters and mice.
- Its clear glass components provide increased pet visibility.
- The habitat is easy-to-assemble and easy to clean.
- The OVO Dwarf Hamster Habitat includes a Habitrail OVO Pad, a water bottle, a cozy hideaway and food dish, a den, a transport unit, 2 Habitrail mini elbows, 2 Habitrail mini 8-inch tubes, 4 Habitrail mini tees, 3 Habitrail OVO Windows, and 12 Habitrail OVO lock connectors.
- Accessories can be added.
Zoozone have more plastic based cages. As previously stated it is better to get grided but here is one of Zoozone’s most popular cages.
- Water Bottle Holder (Water Bottle not included)
- Maximum Living Space
- Compartment Feeding Dish
- Good if you are starting out
- Easy to clean
- Easy to access your hamster
This model is quite expensive at £56.25
- · Sturdy hamster house with large front door
- · Plastic bowl and silver metal mesh
- · Small transport volume, as the upper part can be taken apart.
- · Includes Accessories.
- · Size 100 x 50 x 50 cm / wire spacing 9.5 mm.
You can find most of these cages on websites like Pets at Home, Amazon, and even eBay. There are also more blogs about cages on our website – why not check out hamster heaven.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about: